Yes, there are Older Persons Shared Ownership schemes (OPSO) available with Help to Buy. These are schemes offered solely to the over 55’s.
In the same way as standard Shared Ownership, you buy an initial share that you can afford, helping you get into home ownership in manageable stages. Your Housing Association will offer initial shares of between 25% - 75% of the full purchase price. You pay a subsidised “rent” on the remaining share that the Housing Association still own.
However, through OPSO the maximum share you can buy is 75%. As you purchase more shares in the future, the less rent you will pay. If you choose to buy the maximum 75%, you will pay no rent on the remaining 25%.
Some OPSO developments offer sheltered schemes (sometimes known as Extra Care or Key Care) which are designed to provide residents with the ability to live independently in self-contained, modern homes, but with access to care and support services tailored to their individual needs.